Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday....

Today was sorta a strange day. It started off pretty normal: we got up, breakfast, Jason left for work. The kids wanted to watch Bolt for like the hundredth time. We borrowed it from the neighbor. It started off as kinda a lazy day, not really feeling like doing much. I guess that is what I get for hanging out with Ivy on the porch til 2am.Fun times though..lol! Cleaned up from breakfast, put bolt on again, sat and watched a bit with the kids. Then I decided I needed to get moving, get something done around here. The mail arrived at the usual not so scheduled time. Everyday it scares the shit outta me cause we have a mail slot. Anyway, inside with the normal crap, we got a card. Huh? So I peaked inside and it was a 100$ gift card for Texas roadhouse. I was like what!!! It was addressed to Jason, he had mentioned a couple from a job he did wanted to give him a nice gift for his hard work so.....It was. I was mildly shocked that is a lot of money. Ethan was diaper free for a day. I am so proud of him. He had on his big boy undies and was so thrilled with himself. So then, I decided it was time for me to get online for a bit. I of course ventured to facebook, myspace, my email, banking etc....Then I decided to check out my few friends here in blogger thingy and who they follow. I happened to take notice of a blogger that was named Matt, Liz and Madeline. So I thought wonder if this is someone from around here or do I know them? So I started to read, the heading caught my attention."life and death all in a 27 hr period." So I take a look. I found myself instantly drawn to finding out this story. I was in tears, laughing, amazed etc... This story is so heart breaking, heart warming. What a powerful story. I was so taken by it, instantly I couldn't peel myself away from the screen reading and reading about his amazing strength and ability to go on. He had a beautiful life with Liz and he still has her with him and Madeline everyday just watching over them. They are lucky to have a guardian angel. She seemed like an amazing woman. I really can't say enough about this whole blog there is just too much to go off about. Just check it out.

It is weird how you can take someones situations and put your self in them and really feel what they are feeling to a degree. I mean really unless you have been there you can't but you can to a degree. I read all I could til my kids couldn't take it anymore but what I did read really made me think about how blessed I am to still be here. I mean Liz had a c-section. I had 2. How did I get so lucky? I mean life can be taken so fast and things change in an instant. I know that God has a plan for us all. We are all blessed we just need to take a look around us and then it becomes real that we are. My life is better then I think some days. Everyday is such a blessing to be here. i can't thank God enough for that special gift to wake up and share the memories with my family. I felt like as I was reading that blog I started to get to know him and Madeline. Which probably sounds ridiculous but it is true he really put it out there. I can't get them outta my head now. I will be praying for them, for their continued support from strangers and friends, for the safety and strength of the 2 of them, for Liz to be able to watch over them for always. Matt is a great daddy and their life seems to be great.

Sorry i completely went off there but I could not help but to express how I felt a little on that story. The night started to wind down. We decided to go use the gift card. We have been unable to go out to eat in a while cause of the current money situation. The kids had already had dinner by this time cause Jason never gets done before 8pm. So I packed them up and we went out to meet Daddy. We love texas roadhouse but tonight was not the best experience. The waitress was bitchy, it was busy, I was not in a really fab mood so all those together made for not so fun dining experience. We almost made it all night without an accident but missed the potty by like a minute. Why are kids kinda scared of toilets that are in stores or resturants?? idk! Came home put my little loves to bed, and decided to read more online. So that is where I am now. I am going to cut this now, no one will prob read it til the end so good night all. morning comes ever so fast these days...God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Matt Logelin's story is heartwrenching for sure. What an amazing job he's doing raising Maddy alone!

    ReplyDelete